Frequently Asked Questions
Most Alliance AutoGas customers are fleets because fleets have several key characteristics:
- The vehicles travel to a home base regularly, which serves as a re-fueling station.
- The vehicles travel a high number of miles every year in a given footprint, which allows fleets to offset the cost of conversion due to fuel cost savings.
- The vehicles follow a pattern of makes and models – which allows Alliance AutoGas to focus on achieving EPA certification for select makes and models.
For a list of vehicles that can be converted please click here. We are continually adding more vehicles to this list.
Autogas vehicles can also be refueled at any public fueling station designed to dispense propane autogas. Click here to view an interactive map where you can find autogas refueling stations.
- Over 98% of Alliance propane autogas is produced domestically.
- Autogas is less expensive than gasoline.
- Autogas produces fewer harmful emissions than gasoline.
- Autogas increases the life of an engine.
- Less vehicle maintenance is required on autogas vehicles, and because autogas burns cleaner, oil changes are required less frequently.
- Drivers report that, compared to conventional gasoline, autogas provides superior performance and equivalent power.
The kit includes:
- Propane autogas fuel tank
- LPG Reducer
- Keihin Fuel Injectors
- Fuel Rail
- ECU (Engine Control Unit)
- Filter Unit (prevents damage to injectors)
- Fuel Switch (mounts on vehicle dash)
- Solenoid Valves (safety shutoff devices)
- Assorted hoses and fittings
- Remote fill
Yes. Alliance’s Prins VSI system is EPA-certified for a wide range of Ford, GM and Chrysler sedan and truck makes and models.
Yes. It is an approved, alternative clean fuel listed in the 1990 Clean Air Act and National Energy Policy act of 1992. A 2008 test showed that using a Prins VSI system (the system used by Alliance AutoGas) significantly reduced greenhouse gas emissions when compared to conventional gasoline:
- 16% Reduction in Carbon Dioxide
- 28% Reduction in Carbon Monoxide
- 35.6% Reduction in Hydrocarbons
- 3.7% Reduction in NOx
Test conducted by TUV Product Service (a company recognized for independently testing and certifying conformance to a wide range of international standards, holding over 100 accreditations and approvals) for Prins Autogassystemen B.V.
AutoGas is better for the environment, reducing harmful emissions. Recent studies using a database compiled by the KBA, Germany’s Federal agency for Motor Transport, covering 355,000 individuals cars and vans , six sets of findings show:
Propane autogas is lower carbon than gasoline, diesel and on LPG-gas bio-fueled cars, the propane mode is about 11% lower carbon.
The threat of Black Carbon globally effects emissions. A recent report by a consulting firm in Zurich, introduces and examines Black Carbon (BC) as another significant emission responsible for global warming and declining health conditions. Commonly referred to as soot- picture a fireplace, a burnt field, or forest or the dark residue in a broiler’s firing chamber. Nearly all global BC emissions come from combustion the bulk of which is man-made.
Experts from the World Health Organization and national authorities have consistently documented that BC compromises both outdoor and indoor air quality and cause serious health problems, substantially reducing average lifespan.
If Black Carbon were included in Fuel Footprints, the study indicates propane would make a greater impact on all emissions over diesel fuel.
- Analyzing fleet vehicle types, quantity and fuel consumption
- Converting vehicles and training fleet mechanics to perform maintenance on the Prins VSI system
- Installing on-site fueling infrastructure
- Training on vehicle use and safety measures
- Training on safe fueling practices
- Developing a plan for guaranteed, ongoing fuel delivery
- Regardless of whether the fleet has an in-house mechanic, Alliance Certified Conversion Technicians are available for ongoing support
Yes. Propane autogas vehicle tanks are 20 times more puncture resistant than gasoline tanks. Propane is nontoxic, nonpoisonous, and has the lowest flammability range of any alternative fuel, with a lower flammability than conventional gasoline.
Blossman Gas provides a wide network of fuel distribution and fueling infrastructure, as well as assistance and support for new propane provider partners in the Alliance Network. Alliance AutoGas partners provide the Prins VSI conversion systems, manage the EPA certification process for various vehicle makes and models, and provide installation expertise, ongoing training and support.